Words by Zanele Miyaya
As parents, we all know that our children are our future, so that’s why we have to start teaching them at an early age to respect and love our natural world, especially our beautiful oceans.
How can we do that?
• Visit the sea aquarium to give your children an up-close view of sharks, sea turtles, manta rays and other ocean life.
• Share books about the ocean and its creatures, which can delight your children.
• Explore the ocean via the internet together.
• Buy sea animal toys. Playing with these toys can help children to build their relationship with these creatures.
• Do ocean-themed craft activities, such as making sand jars and a paper-plate aquarium, etc.
• And remember, ‘A visit to the ocean will be the best thing you can ever do for them.’
Find this blog in isiXhosa here.