It has been a long and lonely time since South Africa was placed in lock-down all the way back in March. During this time, everyone has had to adhere to strict rules in order to stem the spread of Covid-19. Our daily lives changed overnight. Many businesses had to change the way they operated, schools were suspended and social interactions were minimized. The Shark Education Centre, along with all other museums and information centres, had to close its doors to the public.
Thankfully, it seems like we have seen the worst of this pandemic. The President’s announcement that lockdown has been downgraded to level 2 has paved the way for easing of some restrictions. With this in mind, we are pleased to announce we will be re-opening to the public on 1 September, 2020. As your health (and that of our staff) is our first priority, we will be implementing a number of new protocols to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience.
We will be open to guided tours for a maximum of 8 people from two households at a time. Tours will last up to 45 minutes each (to allow adequate cleaning in between). Booking is essential as we only have a limited number of slots per day. There is no charge for visiting us at the Shark Education Centre.
General visitor protocols
· PLEASE stay home if you have any symptoms of illness (even if you think it is a cold or flu) or if you think you have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus within the last 2 weeks. We can easily re-book tours once you are feeling better.
· All visitors over the age of 2 years must a mask at all times when on the property. We would prefer you to wear cloth masks, not buff/neck gaiters, face shields or single-use medical masks.
· No eating or drinking will be allowed in the Centre to ensure that masks remain on the face at all times.
· If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow, ensuring that your mouth and nose are covered.
· Please do not wear disposable gloves.
· Please ring the doorbell at the Dalebrook Road entrance when you arrive, then wait outside the gate or in your car until someone comes to meet you.
· Please sanitise your hands upon entry using the foot dispenser.
· Maintain 1.5 meters distance between anyone not in your household.
· Please respect the one-way flow of traffic around the property.
To enquire about booking a free guided tour of the Shark Education Centre, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.